Transfer Requirements - The College of Agricultural and Life Sciences (CALS) has a tradition of working closely with community college students to ensure a smooth transfer to the University of Florida. The College requires all applicants to meet the following requirements before transferring to the University of Florida:
- Obtain an Associate of Arts degree (or 60 hours for students transferring from private, four-year institutions or institutions outside of Florida.)
- Meet the foreign language requirement of the University of Florida: two-years of high school foreign language courses or two semesters of college level foreign language courses (courses must be consecutive.)
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA at all higher education institutions attended; meet the GPA required for the major; and complete specific prerequisite courses.
The CALS Transfer Guide includes GPA and course requirements organized by major and specialization. Be sure to check the Additional Steps section below.
In addition to completing the degree seeking or post baccalaureate application process, please be sure to obtain the following required items.
For identification purposes, University of Florida will use an 8-digit identification number (UFID) instead of your Social Security number.
Students at the University of Florida are required to have GatorLink e-mail accounts. Official UF emails will be sent to student GatorLink addresses.
- Required: Set up a GatorLink account
Gator 1 ID Card
The Gator 1 Card is the official University of Florida picture ID card. It is required of all students, faculty, and staff.
- Required: Obtain your Gator 1 ID card
University of Florida Century Tower