Distance Education: Graduate Programs
CALS offers several degree and certificate programs and over 200 courses via distance education (DE). Undergraduate degree completion programs and additional live and videoconferencing courses are offered at various locations outside of the main campus Gainesville.
Graduate Degree Programs
- MS in Agronomy(Agroecology Concentration) Shared program with Agronomy and Soil and Water Science)
- MS in Agricultural Education & Communication
- MS in Entomology and Nematology
- MS in Family, Youth and Community Sciences
- MS in Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences (MFAS - Non Thesis)
- MS in Forest Resources and Conservation
- MS in Microbiology and Cell Science (Concentration in Medical Microbiology and Biochemistry)
- MS in Soil and Water Science (Environmental Science Specialization)
Graduate Certificate Programs
- Aquaculture and Fish Health
- Biodegradation and Bioremediation
- Ecological Restoration
- Entomology & Nematology:
- Food Safety
- Geospatial Analysis
- Natural Resource Policy and Administration
- Nonprofit Leadership
- Personal and Family Financial Planning
- Quantitative Fisheries Science
- Soil and Water Science:
- Sustainable Agroecosystems
- Teaching and Learning in Agricultural and Life Sciences
Application for admission must be made to the appropriate department as well as the University of Florida Graduate School as soon as possible within one year before the beginning of the desired term of admission. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college, an average of B or better for the last two years of the baccalaureate program, and satisfactory scores on the GRE General Test are minimum requirements for admission. After Fall 2007, GRE scores will be evaluated by individual departments, not the graduate school. Application forms may be obtained from the UF graduate school.
Please be sure to obtain the following required items:
- UFID Number
For identification purposes, University of Florida will use an 8-digit identification number (UFID) instead of your Social Security number.
Required: Find out your UFID number
- GatorLink Account
Students at the University of Florida are required to have GatorLink e-mail accounts. Official UF emails will be sent to student GatorLink addresses.
Required: Set up a GatorLink account
- Gator 1 ID Card
The Gator 1 Card is the official University of Florida picture ID card. It is required of all students, faculty, and staff.
Required: Obtain your Gator 1 ID card
- UFID Number
Environmental Horticulture: flowers